ESTA has over 40 years of involvement in Energy Management in the UK and is actively involved in:
- Voicing and developing members’ interests with key energy and carbon stakeholders including Government, the Carbon Trust and sector bodies on energy and carbon issues.
- Keeping members up-to-date via briefings and papers on key policies and issues affecting the market.
- Updating key energy end-users on latest issues such as legislation and current and emerging energy management techniques.
- Promoting our members’ offering to potential customers through events, articles, online and other forums and media.
- Supporting the development of energy management – ESTA introduced the now widely used term of aM&T Automatic Monitoring and Targeting.
- Developing ISO/CEN/BSI Energy Management Standards.
- Industry networking – providing opportunities then seeking to encourage and build business relationships between members.
ESTA Membership is open to organisations offering products or services that support the management of energy and carbon in the UK. This includes distributors, system integrators and support organisations – not only manufacturers.
– Here are just a few of the benefits of ESTA membership. The more members take part the greater the return in terms of savings, value for money and the potential to win new business. Active members can and do recoup their membership fees many times over.
- Representation: ESTA is regularly consulted by Government, the media, major user groups and the EU. We are represented on the significant committees relating to standards, Government policies, contracts, trading conditions and other areas affecting the industry. We have trusted and long standing relationships that we use to our members’ advantage.
- Member-only discounts: ESTA members receive a wide range of discounts. These are available for our training courses and taking part in our conferences though exhibiting or sponsorship. The more you get involved the quicker you are able to start recouping your membership fees.
- Member meetings: Our famed quarterly member meetings feature updates on the latest industry developments and presentations from leading industry figures on topical issues. Following lunch and the opportunity to do business with fellow members the afternoon is spent with members’ meeting in our influential specialist groups to pool resources and work to improve trading conditions in their sectors. Following a period of holding virtual meetings due to the pandemic we are looking forward to restarting these meetings in 2023.
- Networking opportunities: We seek every opportunity to encourage and enable our members to meet and network with potential customers. An active diary of member meetings, national and regional events, summit meetings, training events, energy clinics, conferences and exhibitions are carefully tailored to enable our members to showcase their businesses to key audiences.
- Knowledge sharing: We provide our members with insightful and quality market intelligence, policy updates and guidance. Our aim is to keep our members better informed in order to give them a competitive advantage. Key business information will also be emailed to you direct along with ESTA’s expert interpretation on what it could mean for your business.
- Business leads: The ESTA website carries a profile of each of our members’ businesses including details of the products or services offered and contact details. We also feature case studies of our members’ products, technology and services. Interested customers who access a case study are taken straight to the member’s website. Our aim is to increase traffic to your website and help generate new leads for your business. Our members are free to post news stories and announcements on the home page of the ESTA website.
- Raising your profile: As well as running our own successful events we also run conference sessions at national events.
- Here for everyone: Unlike many trade associations, ESTA membership covers the whole of your business – not just a single named individual. Anyone in your company can benefit from ESTA membership. We encourage staff from sales, product development, procurement, account management, finance and operational departments to register for our email updates – we aim to help everyone in your business.
Membership application process and fees
ESTA’s annual membership fees are based on company turnover. Fees are kept modest to ensure membership is open to a wide variety of companies and organisations. A sliding scale of membership fees can be found by downloading a membership information pack.
Please see 2023 Membership fees here.
Unlike many membership organisations ESTA’s fees cover the whole company or organisation – not just a named individual.
The application process is simple and straightforward. It involves the completion of a simple one-page application form. The form must contain contact details of two recent customers who can provide a reference via telephone in order to support your application.
Download an ESTA membership information pack
Download ESTA Membership Application Form